Small Group FAQs
What is a PCPC Small Group?
• ~6-16 people that meet in a home throughout the week to encourage each other in spiritual and relational depth.
• Meeting frequency: a) weekly, b) three times / month, or c) bi-weekly.
What do Small Groups do?
• Small Groups that meet in homes are a place for people to be who they really are and to be challenged in community with the truth of the Gospel. It is a place where people wrestle with how to apply Scripture to their lives, ask questions, confess sin, pray and encourage each other in Christ.
• Small Groups encourage personal growth in community and by serving externally in our city.
What is the vision of Small Groups?
Small groups that meet in homes exist as a key place for relational discipleship, friendship and Gospel-empowered service, and they serve as an integrated part of PCPC spiritual formation and mission.
What are the values of Small Groups?
The aim of Small Groups is to encourage spiritual transformation by connecting people in deep and honest relationships with Jesus and each other. This happens through:
• Christ-centered meetings
• Discussion and application of God’s Word
• Honest confession
• Regular accountability and follow-up
What is a typical Small Group schedule?
• Recommended to meet weekly or biweekly
• Meeting time for 1.5 – 2 hours
• Group members are encouraged to connect with one another outside formal group meetings
What if I have more questions?
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Erin Golangco at [email protected] or 214-224-2728, to help you find a Small Group. You can also, of course, ask a pastor for direction in finding a group.