For many, Holy Week is the most beloved week of the year at our church. It is beloved not merely for the beautiful music, added fellowship, or triumphant celebration, but for the way it helps fix our eyes on Jesus Christ. Our rhythm of rest and worship during Holy Week helps clear away the debris of distraction and helps remind us how central and significant the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ are. The drama of Holy Week is the center of Scripture, of history, and – because of our sin and our union with Jesus Christ – the center of our lives as Christians.
We will gather each day at PCPC, so together our hearts and minds can focus on our Lord and Savior Jesus.
“In this is love, not that we have loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”
1 John 4:10
Holy Week Schedule
- April 2 - Palm Sunday Service - 8:00, 9:30, & 11:00 a.m. The Triumphal Entry
- Monday Noonday Service - 12-noon The Servant
- Tuesday Noonday Service - 12-noon The Way
- Wednesday Noonday Service - 12-noon The Vine
- Wednesday Vespers Communion Service - 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday Noonday Service - 12-noon The Helper
- Maundy Thursday Communion Service – 7:00 p.m. The New Commandment
- Friday - Easter Song & Story - 10:30 a.m.
- Friday Noonday Service - 12-noon The High Priestly Prayer
- Friday Evening - Handel’s Messiah Performance 7:00 p.m.
- April 9 - Easter Sunday Service - 8:00, 9:30, & 11:00 a.m. The Resurrection
(all three services will be in the Sanctuary on Easter Sunday)
- Nursery and Preschool Ministries will be available at 8:00, 9:30, & 11:00 a.m. on Easter Sunday. Please pre-register for 8:00 a.m. Nursery/Preschool Programming
Before each noon service during Holy Week, there will be a 20-minute prelude to prepare you for worship.
Boxed lunches are available in the Fellowship Hall after Holy Week Noonday Services (Monday-Friday) for $10. First come first served.
Bookmark this page to watch online. Worship services will be live streamed.
Easter Sunday Parking
Please utilize our surface level and garage parking available for Easter Sunday. Please enter from Oak Lawn Avenue on the south side of campus (previously Newton Ct). Here is a Campus Map PDF. You may also park behind Oak Lawn West, Shops of Highland Park, Equinox Avondale Ave parking garage, and where permitted in the neighborhood. Assisted parking will be available on Wycliff Avenue for senior adults and individuals with mobility concerns. We will have officers, volunteers, and signs assisting each step of the way.
Once the services have reached max capacity for Easter Sunday, we will have overflow available in our Fellowship Hall (enter from Grand Hall).
PCPC Kids on Easter Sunday
We will have PCPC Kids programming at 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00 a.m. for Nursery and Preschool. Please pre-register for 8:00 a.m. Nursery/Preschool Programming We encourage all Elementary age children to attend worship with their parents on Easter Sunday.
Easter Flower Cross
We invite all children to bring a flower to place in the large cross out in the new Courtyard on Easter Sunday. This longstanding, beautiful tradition was brought to our church family years ago by Leslie Newman and Laura Billings. With the help of Gale Emerson, our Sextons, and many PCPC members over the years, our PCPC Kids Ministry keeps it going today. It’s such a beautiful reminder that He is Risen!