We are looking for 250 volunteers to pack food for children in Zambia. Family Legacy will provide everything we need for the event, but we need your hands to help package 90,000 nutritional meals!
We will have two shifts, 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Take advantage of this opportunity to serve with other PCPC members, socially distanced, on a Saturday morning in our new parking garage.
Please note that childcare is not provided.
Five Facts About Hunger in Zambia:
- Sixty percent of the population lives below the poverty line.
- The prevalence of stunting in children-low growth for age-is forty percent.
- Fifteen percent of children in Zambia are underweight.
- More than 350,000 people in the country are food insecure, i.e. they do not have access to a regular supply of healthy food.
- The mortality rate among under-fives is 75/1000 live births (a decline in recent years but still high in rural areas).
Come join us, and share with family and friends!
Click here to register.